Friday, September 18, 2009

All in a Tangle

The fall knitting season is well underway. I'm determined to finish projects and reduce my stash. I just finished a sweater for me using some Cleakheaton Merino Supreme I've had kicking around, but until I can steamblock it for its debut here I thought I'd feature a few photos of my two-year old son's wrestling match with a skein of yarn. My apologies for the really poor job I've done of pasting these photos in. I can't get them neatly lined up with the text at all!

What am I reading??
If you wonder what people are reading in Europe--besides something by Dan Brown--you can read The Elegance of the Hedgehog, which was a bestseller in France and won numerous prizes. A lovely, lovely book about the relationships that develop between an intelligent self-educated concierge hiding her smarts from the rich snobs she works for, a bright young girl with suicidal tendancies, and a wealthy Japanese widow.

New Yarn: I'm just now winding a skein of Kaffee Facett Colorscape into a ball. I can't let myself buy any new yarn, but there's no rule against accepting gifts--which this was--for my birthday--which was yesterday. Amazing fall colors! Feels a little two scratchy for scarves and hats, but this will make a great vest or cartigan. It may be destined to participate in my top down raglan experiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment